Übersetzung nötig! Dieser Text befindet sich noch in englischer/japanischer oder einer anderen Sprache.
hilf Touhou-Wiki diese Seite ins Deutsche zu übersetzen.
Undefined Fantastic Object|
|Alternative Namen||Nasrin, Nazrin, Nesrin, Nazu-rin|
|Alter||mindestens 1000 Jahre alt|
|Fähigkeiten||Verlorene Gegenstände finden|
|Tätigkeit||Wünschelrutengänger, angeblich Anführerin der Mäuse|
|Heimat||Temple of Myouren, Muenzuka|
Nazrin erschien zum Ersten Mal als Stage 1 Boss in Undefined Fantastic Object und später nocheinmal als Stage 5 Midboss. Sie war ebenfalls ein Ziel in Stage 7 in Double Spoiler und tauchte im Hintergrund von Hopeless Masquerade auf.
Symposium of Post-mysticism schreibt Nazrin ein großes Ego zu – wohl, weil sie durch Bishamonten persöhnlich unterstützt wird – erwähnt aber auch, dass sie ein scheues Wesen hat, und sofort flüchtete, sollte sie sich bedroht fühlen. Es scheint, dass sie viel isst, und durch die vielen Mäuse unter ihrer Kontrolle, kann sie ganze Ernten gefährden.
Symposium of Post-mysticism also mentions that if one is firm and holds their ground while negotiating with her, they can get her to search for lost objects for them - while on the other hand, asking humbly and politely is likely only to inflate her ego.
Fähigkeit & Besitz[Bearbeiten]
- Finding sought-for items
As stated, Nazrin's ability is being able to find specific objects that are being looked for by someone. In order to effectively utilize the ability, she must have a clear, concrete image of what she is looking for. She presumably uses a pair of dowsing rods to aid her in this effort, which she uses to find gold and treasure, and also is able to order the mice under her command to assist her. The mouse and the dowsing rods, freely using a pendulum, perform dowsing. It seems like the rod and the pendulum are utilised in battle, and are used as a shield and as a tool for firing danmaku. Furthermore, each end of the dowsing rods appears to have a letter. The left one has N (north) and W (west), while the right one has S (south) and E (east). Nazrin owns a pair of dowsing rods, which she uses to find gold and treasure. She employs the rods in Undefined Fantastic Object to search for the lost pagoda of Bishamonten, as well as the fragments of the Tobikura.
The origin of this is probably due to a legend where a trial was ordered for Ookuninushi to marry Suserihime. There, a mouse came back with an arrow that Ookuninushi was searching for. However, for the method to be due to dowsing is not quite accurate, and the standard of searching at that time is unclear. Furthermore, as the ability itself is always ancillary, in the end, she searches at her feet. It also seems like for the sought-for food items, they are devoured by the mice before the food can come to hand.
Nazrin acts as Shou Toramaru's faithful helper, but is also the leader of a great deal of ordinary mice. In Symposium of Post-mysticism, she is referred to as Shou's mouse familiar, but in reality she is a high-ranking youkai dispatched by Bishamonten. Because of this, she does not generally reside at the Myouren Temple, and will not visit unless Shou calls upon her.
She currently resides in a small self-built hut in Muenzuka, because of the treasure that floats in from the outside world.
Her only known name is Nazrin (ナズーリン), which could be a reference to nezumi (鼠), the Japanese word for "mouse". Her name could also be derived from the Persian name Nasrin (نسرین) with the meaning "wild rose", a widely used name in the Islamic world; various different spellings include Nasrin, Nazrin and Nesrin. There's also "Nasulin" (Насулин), a real Russian surname, and it's also the name of a nasal insulin. In the data files for Hopeless Masquerade, her name was romanised as "nazu-rin".
Nazrin has gray hair and red eyes. She wears a brownish-black one-piece with pink sleeves and a gray capelet. She also wears a necklace with a crystal pendant. Carries dowsing rods with the letters for the cardinal directions on the ends. She also carries a mouse in a basket by her tail. When she appears as the Stage 5 midboss, she is carrying the jeweled pagoda of Bishamonten.
- Undefined Fantastic Object
She was asked by Shou Toramaru to look for the lost pagoda of Bishamonten. On Stage 1 of Undefined Fantastic Object, Nazrin descends from the flying ship after getting a treasure reading. Either by being provoked to or forced to, she attacks the player. After she loses the battle, she manages to flee the scene. Later she does find what she was looking for - the treasured pagoda, the other key to releasing Byakuren Hijiri - in a second-hand goods store (conceivably Kourindou).
Later, in the middle of Stage 5, she encounters the player once more. Seeing that her allies have brought the player with the treasure, she decides to test out the pagoda against her in the meantime. She loses once more, and escapes to return the pagoda to her master, Shou.
- Double Spoiler
In Double Spoiler, Nazrin appeared as a stage 7 target, where she demonstrates her dowsing abilities to Aya Shameimaru and Hatate Himekaidou at their request to dig up a few old coins. Of course, she's actually using them as weapons in the spell card. She follows up on this by digging up some gold, fully demonstrating her dowsing abilities.
- Hopeless Masquerade
- Wild and Horned Hermit chapter 2
Nazrin, while being a mouse youkai leader herself, is also Shou Toramaru's only known underling. She went to search for the lost pagoda on Shou's command, further showing her loyalty by keeping it a secret from Minamitsu Murasa - she states in Marisa B's story that Shou was probably too embarrassed to admit having lost it in the first place. It is stated in Symposium of Post-mysticism that she only really comes to the temple when Shou calls her, and otherwise lives in a little house she built near Muenzuka for the purposes of finding treasure there.
Originally, Nazrin had been placed as Shou's underling by Bishamonten in order to keep an eye on her, but as Shou exceeded all expectations, it eventually became unnecessary.
Nazrin's appearance in Oriental Sacred Place
- According to the game transcript (namely Reimu-A and Marisa-B), Nazrin is the only stage 1 boss in a Windows game to escape rather than actually be defeated by the heroine. She would also be one of two only stage 1 bosses to not been defeated; the other being Yuyuko Saigyouji.
- She is one of the few stage 1 bosses that actually have something to do with the plot, as opposed to "a pointless encounter with a pointless person", as Marisa Kirisame puts it. Another one is Seiran in Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom, who is involved in the lunarian invasion of Gensokyo.
- She is also the only Windows-era stage 1 boss who attacks the heroines out of necessity rather than aggression (like Rumia or Letty Whiterock), or irritation (like Yamame Kurodani or Minoriko Aki).
- She was featured on the cover of Undefined Fantastic Object demo CD.
- Her Hard-Lunatic mid-boss spell card looks almost exactly like Sara's last attack pattern. (Also with Rumia, coincidence?)
- The pendulums of her last spell resemble diamonds, and when they come together around Nazrin, they form Mitsubishi's logo which, interestingly, means "three diamonds". However, this could be consisted to be a coincidence.
Undefined Fantastic Object - Settings and Extra Story.txt
| ○１面ボス ダウザーの小さな大将
|Stage 1 boss The Little Dowser General|
Race: mouse youkai
A natural-born dowser. They say she controls a great number of field mice to find what she's looking for.
She went to and fro looking for the two things Shou entrusted her to find.
| ○５面中ボス ダウザーの小さな大将
|Stage 5 mid-boss The Little Dowser General|
She's finally found the jeweled pagoda.
- 2009/03/08 Undefined Fantastic Object Demo - Stage 1 dialogue; Omake.txt (pre-official profile)
- 2009/08/15 Undefined Fantastic Object - Stage 1 dialogue; Stage 5 dialogue; Settings and Extra Story.txt (official profile)
- 2010/03/14 Double Spoiler - Stage 7 spellcard comments
- 2010/09/25 Wild and Horned Hermit - Chapter 2
- 2010/12/25 Oriental Sacred Place - Chapter 12
- 2012/04/27 Symposium of Post-mysticism
- 2013/12/10 Wild and Horned Hermit - Chapter 20